Do You Need to Reduce Your Child Support?

Do you need to reduce your child support? If so, then you will need to take a series of steps in order to accomplish this goal. First of all, you will need to locate your original court case number from your divorce or paternity case so that the attorneys can refer back to this and so that the court can review your previous case. This number will be on all of your court forms, so you will simply want to pull those out of the file. If you cannot locate your case number for some reason, you will need to visit your local clerk at the courthouse where your previous case was heard and request that your case be looked up. The clerk may instigate a fee to get you the court number.

After you have this number, you will need to gather an abundance of financial information to prove your income is what you say it is. You will need pay stubs, bank statements, receipts and a variety of other forms to show that you can't possible afford the child support payment that you are currently required to take. If you were laid off of your job, and this is the reason that you need to lower support, then you will want to bring your letter indicating that you were asked to leave your job. You will also want to bring any other information that supports your request for child support modification, such as documents from a lawsuit filed against you or something else of this nature.

After you have all of the documents necessary, you will want to hire a San Fernando family attorney to help you file all of the forms that you will need to place with the court. These may involve Child Support Case Registry Forms, a form FL-191 and more. You will need to fill out all appropriate forms and may need to ask for friends and family to contribute to the forms as well as necessary. After this, you will need to file the forms and then serve the other parent the copies of your Notice of Motion by mail. If you want to attempt this legal process, don't do so alone! Hire a lawyer at Cutter & Lax to help you today!