Do you suspect that your husband or wife is stepping out on you? Do you have a horrible feeling deep in your gut that something’s wrong? Check out these potential signs of a cheating spouse and see if you’re experiencing any of these issues in your own marriage.
1. Their routine is interrupted. Does your spouse usually come home at a certain time; for example, at 6:30 p.m. every night for dinner and to help with homework and bath time routines, but they’ve recently stopped? If you’re used to your spouse coming home at the same time M-F and now they’re coming home later and later, this could be a sign something’s up.
Sure, they good have a valid excuse, like a big project or deadlines, but what if they don’t? What if their excuse is going to the gym? Perhaps they’re using the excuse of a “post workout shower” to explain their behavior. If you’re seriously concerned, you can drop by the office to surprise them with dinner or offer to join them at the gym.
2. They spend weekend nights without you. Have bi-weekly date nights been replaced with nights out with the guys or the girls? If your spouse is spending more time hitting bars and nightclubs with their friends on weekend nights and less time with you – red flag alert!
3. They won’t let you near their cellphone. It’s NORMAL for spouses to need access to each other’s cellphones. You never know – you may need the plumber’s number, you may need your spouse’s alarm because your battery is dead, or your toddler may want to play a game. If your spouse refuses to let you on their phone, this is not a healthy sign. This could mean he or she is hiding something from you.
4. You can no longer do their laundry. If out of nowhere, your spouse wants to do his or her own laundry, this could be a sign that they’re trying to hide evidence of an affair with you. After all, it’s hard to search pockets for phone numbers and receipts and look for lipstick on collars if you’re not doing the laundry for your spouse.
5. They have a secret credit card. It’s common for cheating spouses to obtain a secret credit card so they can hide charges from their spouse. If you find such a card and the bank mails paperwork to a P.O. Box, your spouse’s work address, or if it sends statements to a secret email, this is an ominous sign.
6. They suddenly want a separate bank account. Some couples have separate bank accounts their entire marriages. But others have a joint back account since the beginning of their marriage. If you’ve always had a joint bank account with your spouse and suddenly they want separate accounts, this could mean something’s fishy.
7. Your marriage lacks intimacy. If a married couple suddenly stops being intimate, this could mean that one of the spouses is being intimate with someone else. Has your spouse suddenly lost interest in you? We get it, sometimes a new baby, stress at work, lack of sleep, or weight gain can lead to a lackluster libido, but if there are no clear signs as to why your spouse has lost interest, it could mean that he or she has someone on the side.
8. They have a racy Facebook friend. Many people would agree that social media has been wonderful. It’s allowed so many of us to re-connect with old friends and stay in touch with friends and family from afar. Unfortunately, social media, Facebook in particular, has led to quite a few divorces in recent years. If your spouse is receiving inappropriate direct messages from a racy Facebook friend, this could be a sign that he or she is having an emotional, if not a physical affair with this person.
We hope this information helps you be aware of the signs a spouse is cheating. If you are looking for a San Fernando divorce attorney, contact Cutter & Lax today.