Child Custody Lawyer in Encino
Fighting For Clients & Their Children for Over 30 Years
Child custody is one of the most intricate legal issues a parent can face when going through a divorce or legal separation. The process can be fraught with complications and confusion. Fortunately for parents in Encino, California, our experienced attorneys can play an essential role in guiding you through the legal maze of child custody.
At Cutter & Lax Attorneys at Law, we recognize the importance of child custody arrangements and strive to help our clients understand their rights and options. Our team of dedicated child custody lawyers works hard to treat each family's individual situation with the utmost care and attention.
Get started today. Call us at (818) 839-2533 or reach out to us onlineto request a free consultation.
Best Interests of the Child
In California's family court, the court ultimately considers what is in the best interests of the child when making decisions about child custody. While it may be ideal for both parents to agree to joint custody, this is not always possible or the best option. In some cases, one parent may be deemed unfit to have custody, and the court may award sole custody to the other parent.
The court will consider factors such as:
- The physical and mental health of each parent
- Each parent’s income
- Each parent’s ability to provide for the child’s needs
- Each parent’s ability to provide a safe and nurturing environment
- In certain cases, the child’s preference may be considered
Types of Child Custody
Child custody is a crucial part of a divorce or separation, requiring parents to make key decisions about their children's upbringing.
Types of child custody include:
- Legal custody – Legal custody refers to who makes important decisions on behalf of your children.
- Physical custody – Physical custody determines who the children will live with.
In California, either parent can be awarded custody, or they may agree to shared custody, depending on the circumstances. However, the ultimate decision of custody and visitation rights rests on the judge and what is considered the child's best interests.
Unfortunately, many child custody cases are far from straightforward as emotions and outside factors, such as money or affairs, can impact the outcome and make it a difficult and grueling process for both parents and children alike. As such, it can be highly beneficial for you to work with an Encino child custody lawyer to help protect your rights and advocate for you.
How Can Our Child Custody Attorney in Encino Help?
Going through a child custody battle can be a stressful and emotional experience, especially when you don't have the right legal support to guide you. Having a skilled and compassionate child custody attorney on your side can make all the difference.
Ways our team can help include:
- Avoiding mistakes: Our team can take care of all the papers in your case and help you complete them properly. By helping you avoid costly mistakes, we can relieve some of the stress in your child custody case.
- Representation: We can represent you in the courtroom and fight for a favorable settlement of your case.
- Legal advice: Our attorneys can provide you with unbiased and experienced legal advice about your situation.
When you choose Cutter & Lax Attorneys at Law, you can rest assured that we can go above and beyond to provide you with the guidance and support you need to navigate this challenging time. We genuinely care about you and your family and can help you seek the outcome that will be in your family's best interests.
Contact us today to request a free consultation by dialing (818) 839-2533 or filling out our form online.