Burbank Family Law Attorneys
Board Certified Specialist in Family Law
Data released by the U.S. Census Bureau showed that over 8 percent of men and 9 percent of women in California had divorced in 2008. That is a staggering number and roughly half of the percentage of men and women who had married in the same year.
At Cutter & Lax Attorneys at Law, we know that handling a divorce or any other legal issue related to family law can not only be tough, but downright daunting. We want you to know that you don't have to face it alone. By working with a Burbank family law lawyer from our firm, we will do everything possible to make the process as smooth as possible.
Cases We Handle
Some of the different cases our firm can help with include:
- Divorce: Splitting a family is anything but easy. Beyond the emotional trauma, the legalities can be both time-consuming and complex. For this reason, it is highly encouraged you consult with a divorce lawyer to help protect your best interests and guide you throughout the process.
- Adoption: While a noble process, adoption can be complicated. If you have questions about the paperwork, aren't sure what your first step should be or are just looking for professional legal guidance, do not hesitate to contact our firm. From step-parent to international adoptions, we can help.
- Alimony: The state of California has very precise guidelines and factors that are taken into consideration when determining spousal support agreements. If you are being asked to pay or if you are seeking spousal support, you've come to the right place. Call (818) 839-2533 to see how we can help you.
- Child Custody: Seeking custody of your child(ren)? If so, it is important that you recognize that the court will operate on what is known as the "best interests of the children." At our firm, we are well-versed in all aspects of seeking custody and will fight to ensure you are given fair interaction with your children.
- Paternity: Regardless of whether you are looking to establish or disestablish paternity, you should have a legal professional on your side to protect your best interests. These can be complicated matters which can branch out to affect the rest of your entire life - you need to fight to protect your best interests.
Our Office in Burbank, California
Cutter & Lax Attorneys at Law proudly serves clients throughout the Burbank area. With a central location, we make it easy for our clients to get the legal help they deserve in a wide-variety of family law cases. Are you looking for effective representation you can count on? Contact or visit our firm as soon as possible!
Visit us at our Burbank, CA office today:
3500 West Olive Ave.
Burbank, CA 91505
Meet Your Team: Burbank Family Lawyers at Cutter & Lax Attorneys at Law
Dealing with a family law related issue? From divorce to custody, our attorneys have be helped countless clients in Southern California with their family law cases. We are known for our compassionate, effective representation, and work tirelessly to help our clients find workable solutions that don't break the bank. We are proud to be led by attorneys Nelson Cutter and Matthew Lax, who each bring a unique background to the table and an in-depth knowledge of the law.
Attorney Nelson Cutter has more than 30 years of experience in law. With over two decades practicing family law, he provides his clients with more than book knowledge; clients who work with him can tap into his years of hands-on experience. This allows him to be well-rounded in his approach. Beyond his legal experience, Mr. Cutter also has military experience. For four years, he served at White Sands Missile Range as the Chief of Legal Assistance; he also served at Fort Hood in Killeen, Texas. As a former JAG officer, he provides qualified legal assistance to military members facing divorce.
Our clients also get to benefit from the experience of Attorney Matthew Lax who is board certified by the State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization in family law. A graduate of California State University, Northridge and Whittier Law School, he has since been licensed to practice in the state of California, including all of the state's federal district courts. Throughout the years since becoming admitted to practice, he has devoted himself to helping clients who find themselves in tough situations. He is compassionate to the plight of people facing complex family law cases and understands how emotionally challenging they can be.
Family Lawyers Serving Burbank & Beyond
Looking for another way to stay connected with our firm? Follow us on Facebook or Twitter. By keeping connected with our firm, you can know the ins and outs of what we're doing and learn more about any updates from our legal team. If you, however, are ready to take the next step and would like to discuss your case with a Burbank family law lawyer from our firm, don't hesitate to contact us today!