Santa Clarita Family Law Attorneys
Serving Valencia, Newhall, Saugus & Canyon County
Family law can be some of the most complex and emotionally charged legal cases possible. From divorces to challenging child custody battles, the Santa Clarita family lawyers from Cutter & Lax Attorneys at Law are prepared to handle it all. We understand this is more than just an inconvenient case – this is something that can branch out to affect almost every area of your life. We want you to know our firm will be here for you to help protect your rights; where other firms will look to cut corners or come up with a short-term solution, we invest the necessary time and energy to care for your future.
Put your case into the hands of an attorney who is board certified in family law by the State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization. Contact us today to schedule your initial consultation!
Cases We Handle
We are compassionate to the situation you are going through and will do everything possible to help you during this daunting process. Want to learn more? Check out a few of our firm's practice areas below or by giving our firm a call at (818) 839-2533.
- Adoption: If your family is preparing to expand through the process of adoption, we encourage you to learn more about your options. Whether you want an international or domestic adoption, speak with our firm today.
- Annulment: Where divorce terminates an existing marriage, annulment declares it null and void. Annulment is either voidable or void at the time that the legal process begins.
- Divorce: The dissolution of marriage can be incredibly painful. If you are looking for help, you've come to the right place. With 30 years' experience, we are fully capable of helping you address the various issues that will come up in your divorce.
- Child Custody: Determining who has custody is not done in the same way it used to be. Sole custody for the mother is no longer the norm. No matter whether you are looking for sole or joint custody, physical or legal, you can trust our firm to help prepare the case and fight for your desired goal.
- Child Support: Factors that affect who and how much child support is paid includes income levels, who has custody, and how much visitation is awarded to the non-custodial parent. No matter whether you are being asked to give or to receive, you can trust in the experience of our firm to help.
- Fathers' Rights: In a divorce proceeding, fathers may have to protect their rights against the bias of the court to favor the mother. If you require assistance protecting your rights as a father during a custody, support, or visitation order, speak with our firm. Courts are required to view mothers and fathers as equal when it comes to their rights during divorce and we can ensure that occurs.
- Modifications: After divorce is concluded, either party may require their case to be modified. Whether you or your spouse has a change in occupation, has received a promotion, or must move away, the court must approve your modification before you take action. Modifications of child support, spousal support, visitation, and child custody can alter.
- Paternity: Looking to establish paternity? Looking to disestablish it? Either way, our firm can help! Paternity issues can be the cornerstone of numerous family law cases - from fathers' rights to child custody to visitation. We can walk you through the legal issues you are facing to help resolve the case.
- Prenuptial Agreements: Before you and your fiancé(e) tie the knot, you may want to consider creating a prenuptial agreement. In California, prenuptial agreements are viewed as binding contracts between two parties entering into a marriage. The purpose is to make the divorce process clear, less expensive, and less time consuming if termination of marriage occurs.
- Spousal Support: After a marriage, it is likely that one of the parties will be without the necessary funds to support themselves. At our firm, we understand the necessity of spousal support and also how it can become grossly unfair. From helping parties seek just payments to ensure you aren't overpaying, we can do it all.
Are You Considering a Divorce in the Santa Clarita Valley?
If you find yourself dealing with a family law issues in the SCV area, it is likely you need a legal professional who can help ensure that your rights are protected. Although highly personal, these are cases that can also have far-reaching effects on your life and your family. It is therefore absolutely crucial to have someone on your side who truly cares about you – not just as another case number, but as an individual. At Cutter & Lax Attorneys at Law, you can rest assured that you will receive tailor-made representation for your personal case.
From the beginning until the very end of your family law matter, you will be able to breathe easier. We know this is a stressful time for you and will do everything we can to take the burden off of your shoulders and help to make the process as painless as possible.
Courthouse for Santa Clarita Valley, CA Residents
If you are looking to handle family law related issues, you will most likely be going to the Chatsworth Courthouse in the North Valley District, as the Santa Clarita Courthouse no longer accepts family law cases.
This courthouse is located at:
9425 Penfield Ave.
Chatsworth, CA 91311
About Our Santa Clarita Office
With offices throughout Southern California, we are proud to provide our legal services to the residents of the Santa Clarita Valley. If you are looking for an attorney to represent your best interests and to protect them to the full extent of the law, look no further.
Visit our office:
27240 Turnberry Ln #200
Valencia, CA 91355
Contact Cutter & Lax Attorneys at Law Today!
Ready to discuss your case with a legal professional? We encourage you to contact a member of our firm as soon as possible. Call (818) 839-2533 to schedule your initial case consultation. You can also stay connected with our firm by following us on Facebook and Twitter. There, you will find frequent updates from our firm, as well as any recent news or changes to the law. If you are ready to discuss your case with a Santa Clarita family law attorney, contact us today.
With more than three decades of legal experience, we are ready to help you protect you future.